Friday, March 6, 2009

Life

It's been a while since I've written, but I swear I have a good excuse! #1, I don't have a computer anymore besides the one at work. #2, the last two months have been tiring, and pretty much depressing.


I'm sorry to say that Mike and I have split, but we're still good friends and hang out every now and then. I've met someone, who works at the same company as me, but he's in the operations department so we never see each other while we're working, which is nice. I hate the coworker relationships stuff. Too much drama!

After Mike and I split I went back to my apartment only to find out that they had a "clerical error" and ended up changing the locks, moved all my stuff out, some of which they threw away and damaged, and stored the rest of it. Jerks. They now owe me $925 which I have yet to see.

So I ended up moving in with some friends while I looked for a new place to say and I'm glad to report that I've found one, and it's really nice. A bit further away, but still really nice, and my new roommates seem to be really nice as well! They have cats so Lily will finally have some friends to play with!

I've found out on Tuesday that Gammy has pancreatic and liver cancer. She starts chemo next week, for three weeks, only to be tested again. We're not sure how long she has, but she's keeping in good spirits. She turns 80 yrs old tomorrow! It makes it hard for me, knowing I'm so far away and can't help, but my mother, Aunt B, and Uncle George are spending the weekend with her and Poppy for her birthday so I know she's in good hands :-) I'll be heading out to the east coast to visit around Easter, unless I have to go earlier. Everyone pray for her!!!

My dad also is in the hospital, found out on the same day...which sucked to be honest. He had a blood clot in his knee that moved up to his lungs and he passed out. Apparently there were some other smaller ones, but he's been put on heavy medicine to dissolve the clots and should be out of the hospital tomorrow!

Bad things do happen in threes, I found out my step cousin got diagnosed with lymphoma last week. Found that out on Tuesday too. SO...it's been an overall bad week.

BUT!!!! I'm going snowboarding tomorrow! I've been so busy moving, packing, etc., for the last two months that I haven't had time and now I finally get to go! I'm so excited.

Oh..and my birthday is coming up, it's awesome, really :-)

Work is work, I like it sometimes and don't others. It's definitely a challenging job but I'm up for it. I've been working a lot of overtime (unpaid...as usual), but I just need my two years...then I can go find another job if I really want to. I hate to say it though, Alaska is kind of growing on me!

I've made some wonderful new friends, and have been hanging out with them a lot, so I'm very happy.

I miss everyone and hope you're all doing well and staying healthy. Spring is almost here!!

1 comment:

Richard, Kirsten, Mae and Ben said...

Megan -- our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! Please email us your new address! Hang in there, it will get better!